Bogota: Food Tasting Tour and Coffee Workshop
- Sample 13 different Colombian foods and drinks
- Enjoy an hour-long coffee workshop with tastings
- Experience an intimate atmosphere in a group of eight guests
- Learn about Colombian history and culinary culture
- Let your experienced, local, foodie guide lead the way
At the next tucked-away restaurant, experience modern twists, including innovative takes on local ajiaco soup, gourmet ceviche accompanied and aguadiente (local firewater) cocktails. Walk down the streets of Old Town Bogota while your local guide recounts the city's stories and history. Famous among locals, the next stop is a bakery, which has been producing fine snacks served with aguapanela (panela water) since the 1930s.
Continue through the streets of central Bogota and stop to try golden buñuelos, a deep-fried doughnut-like pastry paired with a local oatmeal smoothie called avena. Then, eat mouthwatering beef empanadas served with slices of lime and zingy local salsa. After, jump into one last restaurant, which has been serving hungry locals for almost two centuries. Here, try steamy leaf-wrapped chicken tamales with frothy hot chocolate.
Sign off the tour with an hour-long coffee workshop, where you'll learn the ins and outs of coffee production from three different areas of Colombia, see various methods of steeping, sample three different coffees and discover why the country produces and roasts some of the finest beans in the world.
- All food tasting and snacks (13 tastings)
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- All taxes and fees
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel
Prepare for the activity
The tour starts from the outside steps of the Colombian National Museum in Bogota. It's located next to the Old Town on N, Cra. 7a #28-66, Bogotá, Colombia. Your guide will be waiting on the steps wearing A Chef's Tour T-shirt.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Children are welcome
• Those under 18 will not be served alcohol (a soft drink will substitute the cocktail)
• Please eat lightly on the morning of the tour, as there is plenty to try
• This tour is not suitable for vegetarians or those with a gluten or lactose allergy