From Bogotá: Hike to La Chorrera Waterfall With Meals
- Trek through the lush, green Andean forest on a 3-hour round-trip hike
- Experience the natural wonders of El Chiflón and La Chorrera waterfalls
- Learn about the native flora and fauna with your bilingual guide
- Enjoy local Colombian breakfast and lunch
Arrive in the countryside and begin the approximately 3-hour round-trip hike through the lush, green Andean forest, learning about the native life and plants of the area. After about 30 minutes, you’ll arrive at the first waterfall, El Chiflón. Stand behind the rushing water, and feel the refreshing shower seemingly coming from the sky.
Continue your trek for approximately another hour to the 1,936-foot (590-meter) wall of cascading water that is La Chorrera. Take in the breathtaking sight of Colombia's mightiest waterfall amid a wonderland of natural beauty.
Throughout the hike, see and learn about the colorful birds hidden at the top of the trees and breathe in the clean air in this spectacular landscape.
This tour also includes local Colombian breakfast and lunch, as well as a sampling of cheese produced by local farmers.
- Private transportation
- Local bilingual guide
- Bottled water
- People with mobility impairments
- People with respiratory issues
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
Prepare for the activity
Enter Tacoa Café coffee shop and wait for guide inside. In the event that it is closed, you can wait outside. In case of inclement weather, go to second location at the Cranky Croc Hostel, Calle 12d #3-46, Bogotá. Ask for the tour inside the hostel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
• The length of the tour depends on how long it takes to arrive at the waterfalls
• You’ll be hiking at elevations ranging from 6,309 to 8,530 feet (1,923 to 2,600 meters) above sea level
• Vegetarian food options are available