Bogota: Highlights and Museums Airport Layover Tour
Pickup includedYour guide will be waiting for you at the arrivals exit with a yellow jacket and your name on a poster.
- See historical landmarks of the downtown area
- bserve indigenous history and graffiti
- Learn the history of chicha, a local alcoholic beverage
- Learn of the health benefits of local juice mixes
- Hear the history of the national drug trade
You'll start off traversing the famous Candelaria. There you’ll walk through cobble stone streets surrounded by colonial architecture, baroque churches, and art deco houses. It’s a place brimming with history and packed with stories of the recent armed conflict and drug trade. You’ll top it off with a warm cup of coca-leaf tea to get you going.
Following that, visit the amazing Gold Museum, where you can wander at iconic and amazing gold artifacts from all around Colombia. That will be followed by the Botero Museum, whose peculiar art style is bound to catch your eye.
The final destination will be Monserrate, the great hill that overlooks Bogotá. You'll take a cable-car up the mountain and visit the cathedral and artisanal market. From there you can enjoy the amazing views and learn about the cultural significance of the surrounding hills, before you later head back to the busy streets being taken back to the airport.
- Gran Colombia guide
- Chicha tasting
- Coca-leaf tea tasting
- City-wide panorama at Monserrate
- Pickup and drop-off at El Dorado Airport
- Fruit and juice tasting
- Coffee tasting
- Entrance to the Gold Museum
- Lunch, you can choose from a variety of restaurants in the area
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please note that lunch is not included