Black Forest: Snowshoe Hike with Lunch at Feldberg
- Explore the winter wonderland of the Black Forest
- Follow an experienced guide through stunning nature
- Enjoy lunch at the highest mountain hut in the Black Forest
- Marvel at spectacular views across the Black Forest Highlands and to the Alps and the Vosgues
After a warm welcome at Rinken Pass, receive a short introduction into snowshoe walking technique. Quickly get the feeling that you're good to go, then begin your slow and continuous hike uphill along forest trails and open fields to reach Feldberg summit.
From here, admire spectacular views to the Alps and the Vosges from the highest point in the Black Forest before making your way to the nearby Wilhelmer Hütte, a charming local mountain hut. Settle down at your reserved tables and prepare for a reinvigorating lunch. Enjoy a typical mountain stew with farmer's bread, a drink of your choice, and a homemade cake with a cup of coffee or tea for dessert.
Leaving the hut, take a short uphill section back to the ridge and from there continue downhill. Delight in stunning views across the Black Forest Highlands once again, and conclude your snowshoe adventure back at the original meeting point.
Please note that dogs are not permitted on this hike out of consideration for other guests in the hut. Contact the local partner for a special offer for snowshoe tours with dogs, if required.
- Qualified local snowshoe guide
- Snowshoes and walking poles
- Lunch at the hut (reserved tables, 1 mountain stew, 1 drink of your choice, 1 piece of cake, 1 cup of coffee/tea)
Prepare for the activity
You will have to drive via Hinterzarten and Alpersbach along a small mountain road until you reach a big parking space. More detailed instructions: drive to Hinterzarten and turn immediately right after the railway bridge. Follow the signs to Rinken for about 10 kilometers (just over 6 miles). This tar road winds its way up, passes below a little ski resort on the left, and much later a little village on the right. Stay on this road, follow it through a tight left curve, and keep on driving for about 3.5 kilometers (2.2 miles) until you reach a big parking space. A barrier across the road indicates that you cannot drive any further. Don't stop driving until you reach this barrier. Your guide will meet you exactly there. Please give the local partner a call if you are unsure about finding the meeting point.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Winter clothing
- Backpack or bag
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• You need good hiking shoes, weather-appropriate outdoor clothing, and a small daypack. Gloves, scarf, and hat are mandatory
• Please note that the tour operates in any weather conditions, except when the local partner believes conditions are too dangerous
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts. Unfortunately, delays cannot be taken into account