Walking Tour in German: Gov. District & Reichstag with Dome
- Enjoy a fascinating guided tour of the parliament quarter in German
- See the House of Representatives and the Chancellery
- Listen to a 45-minute presentation in the plenary hall of the German Bundestag (offered in German only)
- Visit the glass dome and viewing terrace of the Reichstag building
- Marvel at the panoramic view and discover the top sights of the capital
After this tour you will enjoy a free, unguided presentation in the plenary hall, with a seat under the dome. Learn more about the tasks and duties of the parliament as well as the story behind a building that has played such a significant role in German history. Please note that this is a political presentation in German, that will not be translated and requires very good German skills.
The viewing terrace and the glass dome are definitely the highlights of this tour. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the television tower, Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Cathedral, Berlin cityhall, Potsdam Square, Tiergarten, the embassies, German Chancellery, main station, the domes of Gendarmenmarkt and the synagogue, Victory Column, City West and Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, Funkturm and others. When the tour is over, you may stay in the dome or on the viewing terrace and enjoy some free time.
The building of the Reichstag may only be visited if all participants register for it prior to the activity. Please provide the following details for each participant: familiy name, name and date of birth. The visitor centre staff will only process requests when they include full, correct information.
Visiting the building is subject to the current working situation of the parliament as well as weather and security conditions. Therefore, a visit can't be guaranteed. Even after confirmation, your booking may be cancelled on site. If a tour is set to take place and the Bundestag cancels the visit to the dome on short notice, no refunds can be made.
The parliament, the Bundestag and the services of the visitor centre are tax-funded, which is why no entry fees will be charged. The Bundestag inside the Reichstags building, the glass dome and the roof-top terrace can be visited for free. Also, participating in presentations from the visitors' gallery and certain tours are free of charge. The price for the tour includes a tour with a professional guide, organisational matters and the registration at the Bundestag.
- Tour of the parliament quarter with professional guide, in German
- Registration to visit the Bundestag
- Free visit to the Reichstag building
- Informative 45-minute speech in the plenary hall (depending on political working situation - not guaranteed! Fluent German is required for this)
- Visit to the dome and the roof-top terrace (depending on weather conditions, safety and working situation of the Bundestag - not guaranteed!)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Personal expenses
- Translations during the tour
- Guide for the Reichstag section of the tour
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of the entrance to the Futurium, located close to the Berlin Central Station. By public transport: • S-Bahn 3, 5, 7 or 9 to Hauptbahnhof, exit Washingtonplatz. • Tram M5, M8 and M10 to main station. • Buses 120, 245, M41, M85, 147, 123 to the main station. The guide will be holding a sign that says "Stadtführung Reichstag Glaskuppel".Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• Please note that your guide will not join the group for the Reichstag section of the visit
• Please note that the Reichstag Dome cannot be accessed March 16-20, July 6-10, July 13-17, September 21-25, or October 19-23; you will be able to enjoy the view from the terrace
Information for foreign guests:
• The guided tour and the explanations in the plenary hall are offered in German only. No translations within your group can be made
• If you do not have very good German language skills, do not book this tour, high level German is required
• If you are looking for a tour of the Reichstag in a different language, you may want to have a look at the "Berlin Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Dome Tour" (English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and more)