From Berlin: Battle for Seelow Heights WW2 Battlefield Tour
- Embark on a full-day tour of the Seelow Heights battlefield
- Visit the Seelow Heights War Museum, and the remains of Marshal Zhukov’s command bunker
- Uncover the stories of this brutal battle from both perspectives
- Gain expert knowledge into the infamous fighting on the Eastern Front
After the museum, it is a short drive to the next town of Reitwein. Discover this small and unassuming town which played a vital role in the Soviet advance and was the starting point for the 1st Belorussian Front assault on Seelow and the future advance on Berlin. Learn how Marshal Zhukov set up his command post in this town and visit the remnants of the bunker and trench network systems located in the nearby forest. See the remains of Marshal Zhukov’s observation point where he commanded the battle.
Following a small excursion through the trench network, continue to Dolgelin Railway station. Learn about the German defensive positions and the immense difficulties that the Russian and Polish troops faced in crossing the aptly named "shooting gallery".
Begin the journey back to Berlin following the original route of the Soviet advance. Pass through the town of Lietzen and stop at the German field cemetery. Make a final stop at the town of Jahnsfelde, which you will discover the brutality and desperation of the fighting. Now host to a sports field, see the site of a German field hospital which was attacked by Soviet aircraft during the final days of the war. Once back in Berlin be dropped off at the Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz Hotel.
- Air-conditioned and heated vehicle
- Small bottle of water
- Entrance to the Seelow Heights War Museum
- Rain ponchos
- Hand and feet warmers
- Food and snacks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes