Berlin Polaroid Photography Street Art Tour
- Learn about the history of instant photography and how to use a vintage Polaroid camera
- Capture Berlin's best street art and graffiti art on tangible Polaroid film
- Create your own unique Berlin photo souvenirs
- Learn more about international graffiti artists and local groups and how they work
- Experience the city in a small group with a local instant photographer
Check out Urban Spree, an art and culture initiative and see the latest exhibition by graffiti artists. Take your first Polaroid from one of the murals there and maybe even come back later for a beer or a live concert. Next, head to the famous East Side Gallery, home to over 100 works of graffiti. Choose your favorite one and capture it with the camera.
Then, explore the fascinating Holzmarkt, a building complex right at the river Spree full of bars, cafes, and, of course, stellar works of street art. Find out about the smallest club in the world and learn more about the techniques of graffiti artists. Capture the work of masters like El Bocho and Cranio with your Polariod camera.
Your tour concludes at the Holzmarkt, where you can review and take home your 8 one-of-a-kind Polariod pictures with you to remember the tour.
- Vintage Polaroid camera rental
- 1 pack of instant film (8 photos)
- Local bilingual (German/English) photo guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the entrance to the Urban Spree at the RAW Gelände in Friedrichshain. There are many different bars, clubs, and more at the same address. Please prepare your arrival and meet your guide 10 minutes before the tour so it can start once everyone arrives. Coming from the train station Warschauer Straße, take a right and enter the area. Walk down the stairs between “What A Wurst” and “Saray – Döner Kebab”. Walk a little further and turn right. There you will see a large graffiti of a fish, as well as the entrance to the Urban Spree. Your guide will wait for you holding a Polaroid camera and a blue bag with the local partner's name on it. Coming from the Revaler Straße you enter the RAW-Gelände and make a right. Walk until you see the mural of the fish and the entrance to the Urban Spree. Important: Please contact your guide if you are late or can't find the meeting point. He can wait about 10 minutes but will eventually have to start the tour and then you won't be able to join.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• No prior photography knowledge is needed to enjoy this tour. Just be curious about Berlin and get creative with the camera. Your guide will help you along the way
• A pack of Polaroid Originals color film will be included in the tour price
• If you would like to take more than 8 pictures, additional film can be purchased from your tour guide at €19 per pack
• This experience requires your active participation. It gets better the more engaged you are with it