Beppu: Downhill Self-Guided Cycling Tour with Hot Springs
- Experience Beppu's famous Onsen (hot springs)
- Cycle through beautiful mountain scenery
- Enjoy sightseeing along the way, including 'Jigoku Meguri'
- Cycle along a scenic coastal path
Pass by Myoban Onsen, where you will see steam coming out from the hot springs. Here you can stop to try local dishes cooked on the steam from the springs, such as eggs, vegetables and even puddings.
The second half of the route is a beautiful path along the coastline. End the route at a traditional Japanese style hotel located in the center of Beppu city. From here you will visit Beppu's famous hot spring where you can refresh.
You will then be free to use the bike to explore Beppu at your own pace. You will need to return your bicycle by 9:00 PM.
- Mountain bike rental
- Use of helmet and mount for cell-phone
- Self-guided map
- Entry to hot springs
- Luggage storage
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
- People who can't ride a bike
- People under 5 ft 1 in (155 cm)
Prepare for the activity
From Beppu Station (30 min) Take Kamenoi Bus Route 5 (APU line) or Route 41 (Safari line) from Beppu Station West (Nishi) and get off at Jumonjibaru Tembodai Mae bus stop. Walk 3 minutes to the meeting point. From Kannawa Bus Center (14 min) Take Kamenoi Bus Route 5 (APU line) or Route 41 (Safari line) and get off at at Jumonjibaru Tembodai Mae bus stop. Walk 3 minutes to the meeting point.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
This activity may be canceled due to bad weather.
You can leave your luggage with the local partner at the meeting point and they will return it to you at the end.
Product ID: 390122