Rome: Small-Group Christianity and Holy Relics Tour
- Comprehend the history of early Christianity
- Hear the truth about the persecutions of Christians and learn about the major milestones in the history of Christianity
- See with your own eyes the material evidence of the events of that time
- Touch the great miraculous shrines deeply revered by the Christian world
- Become acquainted with the lives and works of great artists
You will visit the Basilica of the Holy Cross of Jerusalem to learn the history of its construction, and to climb the steps of the “Cross Way” to enter the Chapel of the Relics. Here, in a special niche, you will see the three wooden parts of the Cross of the Lord, the finger of the Apostle Thomas, and two spines from the crown of spines. You will also see the three stones: from the Bethlehem Cave of the Nativity, from the column of the scourging of the Savior, and the Holy Sepulcher. You can observe a nail with which the body of Christ was nailed to the Cross, as well as a part of the Title (the plaque with the inscription "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews") which was nailed by order of Pilate. All of these things combined will allow you to see with your own eyes the physical evidence of the events of that time.
You can then walk inside the next place on your pilgrimage, the Basilica of Mary the Oldest. Here your guide will tell you of the story of the miracles that preceded her appearance. You will discover the oldest mosaics that exist in the world, and can touch the relics of the holy Apostle Matthew. Other relics stored in this temple are the boards from which the infant nurseries of the Savior were made.
- High-quality headsets to hear your tour guide clearly
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be waiting for you at Piazza di S. Maria Maggiore, 42 at the foot of the obelisk of Virgin Mary with Child. The guide will hold a RomeAdvisor.com sign to make it easy to spot each other.Open in Google Maps ⟶