Sagrada Familia: Private Tour in German with Tower Access
- Admire the sacred scenes on the contrasting façades of the cathedral
- See the pillars in the cathedral’s interior that support the recently completed roof
- Learn about Barcelona's most iconic monument and its long delayed construction
Striking for its architectural features and its art, La Sagrada Familia is legendary, and was the all-consuming obsession of Antoni Gaudi, the master of Modernism. Work on the cathedral began in 1882 and remains unfinished.
On the cathedral’s exterior your guide will point out the contrasting Nativity and Passion façades. You’ll hear about the symbolism and representations of the Holy Family as an expression of Christian ideology, constructed in stone.
Marvel at its Christian iconography as you learn the history of the cathedral. See the angled pillars sprouting like a web of tree branches and supporting the roof.
Below ground is the Museu Gaudi, where documentation about Gaudi’s life and work can be found. There is also a crypt where masses are held, and a viewing platform above the burial site of the architect.
- German guided tour
- Tickets to the cathedral
- Access to the towers
- Optional tips
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Quiosc Bar (08013 Barcelona, Spain) on Plaza de Gaudí, accessible via Carrer de la Marina, on the other side of the street in front of Sagrada Familia Botiga. Closest Metro station is Sagrada Familia — exit to Carrer de la Marina.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Access to the towers is subject to weather conditions
• Please note, Sagrada Familia regulations state that children under the age of 11 will not receive a headset to listen to the guide