Bangkok: Hands-on Genuine Thai Cooking Class and Market Tour
- Visit Khlong Toei, Bangkok's biggest market, and shop for fresh ingredients
- Enjoy hands-on experiences as you get to grips with Thai cookery
- Savor four sumptuous, traditional dishes that you make yourself
- Receive help and attention in the small class
- Relive the experience with the recipes provided afterwards
Meet at exit 1 of the Queen Sikrit National Convention Centre MRT station. Discover the sprawling market of Khlong Toei on a guided tour, then take a tuk-tuk to the cookery school.
Learn about exotic Thai ingredients, including vegetables, rice, herbs, and spices, as well as the preparation of coconut milk. Spend two hours making four delicious dishes, and savor each one individually while they're still hot and fresh.
Two of the dishes every day are Stir-Fried Noodles with Shrimp (Pad-Thai) and Mango Sticky Rice for dessert. Depending on the day you go, starter options include Spicy Lemongrass Salad (Yum Ta-Krai), Hot and Sour Soup with Shrimp (Tom Yun Goong), Spicy Coconut Soup with Chicken (Tom Kha Gai), and Thai Papaya Salad (Som Tum).
Main course options include Green Curry, Red Curry, Panang Curry, and Massaman Curry, all made with chicken. Get your hands dirty by making the curry paste from scratch, and take home all recipes with you so you can recreate the gastronomic experience again in the future.
- Four course meal
- Hot and cold drinking water
- Tuk-Tuk fare from Khlong Thei market to cooking school
- All ingredients and equipment
- Personal locker
- Free standard recipes by follow-up email
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Exit 1 of the Queen Sikrit National Convention Centre MRT station. Address: 419 Thanon Ratchadaphisek, Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, ThailandOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Bring an empty stomach because there will be plenty of your favorite Thai food!
• No MSG is used in any of the cooking
• Dietary requirements and allergies can be accommodated with advanced notification