Kicking Horse River: 4-Hour Whitewater Rafting
Pickup optionalHotel picks up is available from Mount Royal Hotel, Samesun Banff, Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa and Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Guests should wait at the front of the hotel on the sidewalk. If being picked up at Mount Royal hotel, the pick up is in the public parking behind the hotel.
- Raft through the Canadian Rocky Mountains on a class IV white-water trip
- Admire stunning panoramas along the Kicking Horse River
- Take a pre-river orientation, preparing any first-timers for the adventure
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch (with vegetarian options available)
Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie or just looking for a fun way to cool off, this rafting trip is sure to please.
You will travel through the picturesque Yoho National Park to the Kicking Horse River Base site in Golden, approximately 1.5 hours west of Banff. Before you jump in the boat, you will meet your river guides and get outfitted with all the necessary rafting gear.
From there, you will head out on to the river, starting with a relatively calm stretch to allow you to become acquainted with your guides’ commands, your paddle, and your boat. Soon the canyon narrows and the true excitement begins, taking you on a pulse-pounding trip through the thrills and spills of the river’s Class IV white water.
You will eventually finish your rafting odyssey 12 miles (20 kilometers) downstream, where you’ll disembark the raft for a welcome BBQ lunch, complete with vegetarian options.
- BBQ lunch
- All required safety equipment and gear
- Expert guide
- Taxes and Fees
- Banff hotel pickup and drop off (only if the option with transportation is selected)
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• This experience is not suitable for children either under 12 years old or who weigh under 90 pounds (40 kilograms)
• Remember to bring a towel, a bathing suit, sunscreen, and sunglasses