Banff: Afternoon Kananaskis River Whitewater Rafting Tour
- Take a whitewater rafting tour along the Kananaskis River through the picturesque landscape of Kananaskis Country
- Raft through family-friendly rapids and then enjoy a scenic float to the finish where you can swim and splash in the water
- Enjoy memories for years to come with free online professional photos posted for free online after your rafting trip
Meet at the Nakoda Lakeside Lodge on Highway 1A. Start your rafting adventure with a 45-minute drive from Banff or Calgary. Enjoy the short scenic ride as you wind through the Canadian countryside. Once you're fitted with your wetsuits and other safety equipment, ride in a comfortable bus a short distance to the starting point on the Kananaskis River. Here, your guides will provide safety instructions and teach your paddle techniques. Feel equipped and ready to go as you prepare for the river.
Board your raft and begin your journey. Admire the views during calm parts of the river. Practice different paddling techniques with your guide. Spot local wildlife such as soaring eagles, and deer who stroll along the banks of the river. Then, get ready to be splashed as your raft through class 2-3 rapids as you travel along a lovely forested area of the river. At the end of the journey enjoy a scenic float to the finish where you can swim and splash in the water.
Return to the river base for high fives and snacks to celebrate your rafting adventure. This tour operates from mid-May to mid-September and is ideal for anyone that has never rafted before or does not know how to swim.
- Professional river guide on each raft
- Safety instructions and practice paddle
- River fee
- Complimentary professional photos (available online after your tour)
- Light snack & refreshment
- Rafting River tour (1.5 - 2 hours)
- Wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties, and gloves
- Transportation from Banff or Calgary
- Children under 5 years
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at the Nakoda Lakeside Lodge (Stoney 142, 143, 144, AB T0L, Canada), located on Highway 1A between Exshaw and Morley. Please refer to your confirmation email for full driving directions.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
• If a guest is unaccompanied by an adult then the minimum age is 16 years old.
• The maximum weight per person is 350 lbs.
• There are typically between 8 - 11 people per raft, plus the guide; groups larger than this will be split into 2 rafts.
• Every guest needs to sign a waiver form. Any guest under 18 years also needs a parent or guardian's signature on the waiver form and an emergency contact number if the parent/guardian is not joining them on the tour.
• Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 8 participants to operate.