Elephant Care Experience at Bali Zoo
Pickup includedPlease inform the hotel names and be ready at the hotel lobby Pickup time: 11:00 AM (Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran) 11:30 AM (Sanur, Ubud)
- Spend a day learning about and observing rescued Sumatran elephants
- Follow the elephants' footsteps and enjoy their day which includes eating local fruits, bathing, and playing with mud
- Walk down with the elephants to the nearby river to join them for a splash
- Enjoy the inclusive lunch and explore the rest of the zoo
Following hotel pickup, you will arrive at Kampung Sumatra at Bali Zoo to receive a brief introduction to the program while enjoying a complimentary snack and coffee or tea. Meet your English-speaking mahout who will tell you about the gentle giants you’re about to meet, provide information about the elephants' behaviour, how to take care of them, and answer any questions you might have. You will be provided with a selection of fruit for feeding them and then proceed to the river bank where you’ll be introduced to the free-roaming elephants and have a chance to play, feed, and interact with them.
After that, you and the elephants will walk to play in the mud and sand spa. With a generous mix of earth, water, and fun, you get covered in mud along with your new elephant friends who love getting dirty. During this time, you will have a chance to observe their behaviour. Eventually you’ll walk with the elephants down to the nearby River Wos to join them for a splash, bathe, and scrub down. Then you’ll return to the zoo for a shower and change followed by a relaxing lunch until noon.
You’ll be free to explore the rest of the zoo and the collection of over 300 rare and exotic animals including rare and endangered species such as the Komodo Dragon, Sumatran Tiger, Orang Utan, and Bali Starling. This experience is designed to not only enlighten you on the behaviour of these magnificent mammals, but also leave you fulfilled having participated in one of the most unique outdoor adventures you will have during your stay in Bali whether visiting as a couple or the entire family.
- Zoo admission
- Return transfers
- Welcome drink and snacks
- Experienced English-speaking mahout
- Food for the feeding
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
- Change of clothes
• This program is suitable for adults 12 years old and above
• Hotel pickup covers Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Sanur, and Ubud
• Do not forget to bring your bathing suit, sunscreen, insect repellent, walking shoes/sandals, and change of clothes
• If the booking exceeds 20 people, a buffet lunch will alternatively be served
• For safety reasons minimum height requirement for children is 120 cm; children with a height of 120 cm will be charged adult price
• Children under 120 cm are not allowed to enter the mud fun area
• Bali Zoo does not provide babysitting services; parents are responsible for their own kids who are left behind at the restaurant during the program