From Avignon: Market Tour & Luberon Villages Tour
- Discover the wonders of an open-air Provençal market
- Marvel at the Ochre Path in Roussillon
- Explore the most beautiful countryside and its hilltop villages in Luberon
After a 15-minute drive you will reach Roussillon, a picturesque and unique spot in Provence. The hill on which the village resides is composed of various shades of ochre rock which can be seen all over the facades of the local houses. Enjoy a short and easy hiking trail called The Ochre Path through a former ochre quarry and the surrounding woods.
On Wednesdays only, experience the weekly open-air market in St Remy de Provence. Indulge your taste buds with local specialties like nougat, tapenade, and cheese. On Saturdays only, discover the market of Apt, famous for its candied fruits among other local specialties and fresh produce.
Continue towards Menerbes, passing through the village of Lacoste for a photo stop. Menerbes became world famous thanks to the writer Peter Mayle who chronicled his first year as a British expatriate in Menerbes in his book A Year in Provence. End the day with a glass of local wine.
- Transportation in a 8-seater air-conditioned minibus
- English-speaking driver
- Ticket to the Ochre Path
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
• Please note, the open-air Provençal market in St. Remy de Provence is on Wednesdays, and in Apt on Saturdays