Auckland: Guided E-Bike Tour of Rangitoto Island
- Learn about the Maori history integral to New Zealand's culture
- Marvel at 360-degree views across the Hauraki Gulf and the Auckland skyline
- Get up close and personal with some of New Zealand's rarest birds, including the Saddleback and Takahē
From here, the tour begins in earnest, exploring Rangitoto, the youngest, most iconic volcano in the Auckland region. Marvel at the long, sloped walls of the volcano, tapering up to its massive cone. As you bike across the gravel paths, aided by the electric motors of your e-bikes, hear the stories of the island’s earliest settlers, Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki, who gave these islands the name of their ancestor, Peretū.
After exploring the island with your guide, enjoy a tour of the neighboring island, Motutapu-a-Taikehu, one of the oldest islands in the region, and currently Auckland’s largest working farm. After exploring the placid and stunning side of Auckland’s nearby wilderness, you’ll hop back aboard the ferry, and head back into the city center.
- E-mountain bike
- Return ferry tickets
- Picnic lunch
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is located at the local partner's office, on the one-way stretch of Wyndham Street than runs from Nelson Street to Hobson Street. Walk to the back of the courtyard beside Jett's Fitness and you'll find the clearly marked entranceway.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• A moderate level of fitness is required to make the most of this experience.
• You will be visiting a remote conservation island with no shops, electricity, or running water.