Taste of Athens 3-Hour Walking Food Tour
- Follow the locals into the market to see the variety of goods available
- Learn about the benefits of a Mediterranean diet
- Sample the traditional creations along the way
- Find out about the culinary history of Athens
Any real foodie will tell you that your first stop on any travel is the local market. Here you can get a sense of what is to come, from the variety of meats, fishes, cheeses, and produce available daily to the locals. At the vibrant Varvekeois food market, you will see local vendors loudly bartering over their daily wares.
On either side of the market are wonderful specialty food shops as well, inviting you in with their colorful and provocative spice piles. Here you can sample delectable nuts from the region, as well as figs, olives, and dates.
You will also gain insight into the culinary history of this epic city, and learn the basics of the Mediterranean diet.
- Food specialist local guide
- Food and beverages sampling
- Athens guide magazine
- Athens map
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is outside the Starbucks at Korai street, outside Panepistimio Metro Station (follow the signs for the Korai exit). Your tour guide will be holding the orange-colored Athens Walking Tours sign in his/her hands so that you can recognize him/her.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage