From Athens: 3-Day Rail Tour in Meteora
- See the beautiful Greek countryside on your train journey
- Explore one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites
- Visit all six monasteries and learn about their history through the eyes of a local
- Experience traditional Greek cuisine at local restaurants
- Discover the city of Kalambaka and the nearby village of Kastraki
Around 11:30 AM arrive at Kalambaka train station, where our guide will be waiting for you, holding a signboard with your name. They will then transfer you to your hotel. In the evening you will be picked up from your hotel for the Meteora tour, which is really an amazing experience. Then you have free time to explore the city of Kalambaka.
At 9:00 AM on the second day you will be picked up from your hotel and taken you on your selected tour. During this tour, admire how simply the hermits settled in the caves of the rocks a thousand years earlier and learn about the history, the myths and the secrets of Meteora that only your local guide knows. Then around 1:00 PM the minibus will drop you back to your hotel. In the afternoon you will have free time to explore the area on your own.
On the third day in the morning, you are free to explore on your own the city of Kalambaka or the nearby village of Kastraki, there are so many things to do. Finally, at 5:00 PM you will be transferred back to Kalambaka train station for your trip back to Athens. The train departs at 5:15 PM and arrives in Athens at 10:20 PM.
- Roundtrip train tickets from/to Athens
- Pick up / Drop off from Kalambaka train station / your hotel
- 2 nights accommodation at a 3-star Hotel with breakfast
- 2 dinners at local restaurants
- English speaking local tour guide
- Amazing Meteora Sunset Tour (1st day)
- 1 tour or activity of your choice (2nd day)
- Small groups on Limo VIP minibus of up to 19 seats
- Free on the bus: Wi-Fi, map of Meteora, and a bottle of water
- All taxes
- Transfer to the Athens railway station
- Entrance fees of each monastery (€3 per person)
- Professional tour guide (on request)
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunch and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• Skirts are provided at the entrance to every monastery free of charge, so don’t worry too much about having them with you
• All of the monasteries have a small entrance fee (€3 per person)
You might also like...
Product ID: 227272