Athens: Mythology Tour for Families
- Explore world-renowned Athenian sites in a tour designed for families
- See the one and only Acropolis and the ancient Agora from a mythological perspective
- Learn about Greek gods and heroes and find out what lies behind these ancient myths
- Have fun inside the ancient Agora with an interactive activity inspired by ancient legends
- Enjoy spectacular views of the city
Your guide will have plenty to tell you about the history and the legends of all the gods and heroes, such as the almighty Zeus, Athena (the goddess of wisdom), Poseidon (the god of the sea), Dionysus (the god of wine), and many more. Through timeless myths you will explore the theater of Dionysus, drama's first home; the resplendent Propylaea; the sacred Erechtheion; the Temple of Athena Nike, and of course, the magnificent Parthenon. All this will come alive in a way that keeps everyone's attention and interest, kids and parents alike.
You will then continue to ancient Athens' marketplace, the Ancient Agora. Here you will discover the famed Temple of Hephaestus, decorated with depictions of the labors of Theseus and Hercules. Your family will also have a chance to retrace the steps of great thinkers such as Socrates and Plato, who used this space as a venue for spreading ideas and taking part in debates. This is where your guide will lead you in a group family activity that's based on the gods and heroes you've been hearing about, allowing your kids (and you!) to interact imaginatively with your very special surroundings. At the conclusion of your tour, you will take back home a piece of history you‘ll have created together as a family.
- Wireless Tour Guide Systems will be provided. Receivers are thoroughly sanitized between use and all earpieces are single-use.
- Licensed guide
- Materials for the activity
- Entry fees (payable on site)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Your meeting point is at the exit of the Acropolis metro station. Please follow the google map link. The closest metro station is ACROPOLIS. (red line). If you get there by metro (red line), follow the signs for the exit “Makriyani/Dionisiou Aeropagitou”. It might be busy, so look for the guide with an Alternative Athens Sign. In case you need anything you can reach us at +30 6951 518589.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Baby strollers
• Children under 5 are free of charge
• Strollers and wheelchairs cannot be used throughout the tour (especially on the rock of the Acropolis)
• Please bring extra money for the Acropolis entry tickets (€30/€15) (the local guide will pre-buy them for you so that you can skip the line)