Athens: Meteora Independent Train Trip and Monastery Tour
- See all six monasteries in one day
- Explore the interiors of 3 of the monasteries
- Admire the beauty of the Greek countryside
- Let the skilled guide enlighten you about the culture and history of the area
Once having arrived, you will meet with your guide who will be holding a signboard with your name on it. From here your tour to the Meteora Monasteries is going to begin. You can admire the amazing christian architecture, and discover how monasteries have been influenced over time, having existed for over 700 years.
After 4 hours of exploration, your tour will come to an end and you will be driven back to Kalabaka where you will have free time to spend under the shadow of giant rocks. You will arrive back in Athens at 9:25PM after a full-day exploring.
- Round-trip ticket from Athens-Kalambaka
- English-speaking tour leader
- Bottle of water
- Wifi on board
- Photo stop at the significant points of Meteora
- Taxes and services
- Pick-up and drop off service in Kalabaka
- Luxury mini-bus transportation
- Monasteries entrance fees which are 3€
- Guided tour inside the monasteries
- Option for another tour language (to be arranged at an extra cost)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dormition of the Mother of God church entrance fees
Prepare for the activity
Important: you must take the train yourself from the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis) at 7:00 AM, departing for Kalambaka. Your guide will meet you holding a sign with your name on at the main entrance of Kalambaka Train Station, Kondili 59, Lárisa 412 22.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sleeveless shirts
- Alcohol and drugs
• At the monasteries, there are usually trousers and skirts provided
• The tour is done in a small group of maximum of 13 people
• Babies up to 3 years old are free to join if they can share the seat with their parent
• This tour is semi-independent, which means your guide will provide you with all necessary information about monasteries on the bus, but will not escort you into them
• Please wear comfortable shoes for walking on uneven surfaces. For some monasteries, walking up stairs is necessary.
• Bring a snack as the tour is around 13 hours long
• Credit cards are not accepted for paying the monastery's entrance fees
You might also like...
Product ID: 193883