Athens: Exarcheia Neighbourhood Small Group Tour
- Discover Exarcheia, one of Athens’ most exciting neighbourhoods
- See why this area is considered one of the coolest neighbourhoods in Europe
- Hear stories of student rebellions and anarchist riots
- Learn about one of the biggest street art scenes in the world
- Treat your taste buds to some special sweet delights
Departing from Panepistimio Metro Station, your tour starts with a Greek coffee and sampling of traditional loukoumades (Greek-style doughnuts). Continuing your walk, you’ll hear stories of the neighbourhood relating to the recent history of the country. Before walking up to Strefi Hill, where you’ll enjoy a panoramic view of Athens and a different perspective of the Acropolis not often seen, explore the stunning Kalidromiou Street with its neoclassical buildings, street art, vintage stores, and old coffee shops.
Your next stop will be a local sweets shop established in 1915. Savour some tasty ice cream flavoured with dry figs and tsipouro, a grape-based alcoholic beverage. Leaving the sweet shop, you’ll continue your walk through the Exarcheia district, passing by the oldest open-air cinema in Athens. The Exarcheia walking tour wouldn’t be complete without passing through the main square, the symbol of urban resistance, riots and anarchists. Before heading back to the meeting point, you’ll have the opportunity to taste more sweet delights at two more stops.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- 4 special sweet delights at 4 different stops
- Bottled water
- Greek coffee
- Additional food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
At the exit of Panepistimio Metro Station (in front of the old building of the University of Athens, on Panepistimiou Street). Exact GPS Coordinates of the meeting point: 37.980161, 23.733413Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
• Vegetarians and other dietary restrictions can be accommodated.