Athens: Acropolis, Old Town, Plaka, & Monastiraki Tour
- Learn more about the Parthenon, Erechtheion, Nike Temple and Sanctuary of Dionysus
- Get off the usual tourist trail and explore the old buildings of Anafiotika
- Visit the flea market on Monastiraki Square
In the most unique part of the city, Plaka and Anafiotika, stroll around the little alleys and admire the white washed cubic houses with bright painted shutters and beautifully carved wooden doors, a typical Cycladic architecture. Find hidden gems of unspoiled beauty and magnificent views and learn secrets unknown even to many Athenians.
Encounter unspoiled beauty and get magnificent views from unexpected places as you make your way to the Acropolis.
Entering on the south, less crowded, slope of the Acropolis your guide will help you discover monuments including the Sanctuary of Dionysus and Theatre of Dionysus Eleuthereus before walking up the slope to get panoramic city views. Get an insight into the significance of the historic monuments including the Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaia and Nike Temple."
- Local, licensed guide
- Skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis
- Athens guide and map
- Entry fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Optional gratuities (usually 10%)
Prepare for the activity
Your guide, holding an orange sign, will be waiting for you in front of the little chapel located in the center of Monastiraki Square right across the exit of Monastiraki Metro Station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Student card
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Entrance fees are not included and must be paid on site. The cost is about €20 per person. Your guide will purchase the skip-the-line entry tickets in advance to save you time
• Those under 18 years old get free entry to the Acropolis and all archaeological sites on presentation of valid ID. Students and teenagers get a reduced price with valid ID or student card