Athens: Acropolis and Old Town Small Group Walking Tour
- Join a small group tour which combines history, archeology, and local neighborhood experiences in Athens
- Enjoy the expertise of your guide, who shares insight into Greek mythology, history, and more
- Discover the wonders of the Acropolis, a fascinating UNESCO World Listed site
- Walk through the little neighborhood of Anafiotika, which mimicks picturesque Cycladic architecture
As you wander around the many buildings that make up the Acropolis, listen to your guide’s fascinating commentary about the famous mythological legends of Ancient Greece as well as the era's most significant religious beliefs, cults, and how the some of the city’s modern day events are still connected to this sacred precinct.
After your tour of the Acropolis, walk downhill towards the traditional village of Anafiotika. Mimicking Cycladic architecture, with its stark white cubic houses, flat roofs and colorful shutters and doors, Anafiotika is a true hidden gem within the Greek metropolis. Learn about the fascinating history of this unique neighborhood, which was constructed in the 19th century when King Otto, sovereign of the newly established Greek monarchy, decided to revamp the capital.
The village provides the opportunity to escape the crows of Athens whilst soaking up views of the city jungle below. Spend some time wandering through the picturesque streets, admiring the many bougainvillea-covered walls, and soaking up the tranquil atmosphere.
- Acropolis entry ticket
- Local licensed guide
- Small group walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Transport to the meeting point
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users