Acropolis & Museum Guided Tour without Tickets
- Skip the long lines to the Athens Acropolis
- Visit famous monuments, such as the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike
- Take in the breathtaking views of Athens from the summit of the Acropolis
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided tour of the New Acropolis Museum, and see more than 4,000 artifacts
- Explore the collections of the New Acropolis Museum at leisure
Head for the south slope of the Acropolis to avoid the main crowds. Then, pay your entrance fee and make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await. Along the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the theatergoers of Ancient Greece.
Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up-close to important sights, such as the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Pause to take photos of these fascinating ruins, and learn their history from your guide.
Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the ancient Agora, once the heart of Athens.
Continue on to the New Acropolis Museum, now ranked as one of the top 5 museums in the world. See the highlights of the impressive collection of statues and relics. Go to the Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis, where the glass floors reveal excavation sites. End your tour inside the museum, leaving you free to explore its exhibits further should you wish.
- Local, licensed guide
- Athens guide magazine
- Athens map
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees (approximately €30 per adult/€15 concessions/€3 per child)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional; gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up from the Fresko Yogurt Bar Acropoli, 3 Dionyssiou Areopagitou Street (at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway from Hadrian's Arch to the Acropolis). Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to given tour departure time and look for an orange colored sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
• The tours take place in all weather conditions, rain or shine