Volendam, Marken & Windmills with Free 1-Hour Canal Cruise
- Explore the Dutch countryside
- View the picturesque windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Stop at the island community of Marken
- Visit a traditional wooden shoemaker
- Enjoy a stop at the fishing village of Volendam
- Taste traditionally-made Dutch cheese
- Experience a free 1-hour canal cruise in Amsterdam at anytime during your stay
Journey from Amsterdam on an informative tour of the picturesque Dutch countryside. Visit one of the most popular destinations outside of Amsterdam, the windmills of Zaanse Schans, and see its typical green-timbered houses and warehouses.
In Zaanse Schans, admire a collection of well-preserved historic windmills and houses and visit a working windmill. Then visit the famous and lively fishing village of Volendam. Stop by a cheese factory/museum and enjoy lunch at a traditional fish restaurant.
Afterwards travel back in time to the quaint island community of Marken, where you will visit a wooden shoemaker. In Volendam, try to spot the recognizable Dutch traditional costumes often featured on tourist postcards and posters. You will also have a chance to visit a cheese shop that still makes cheese using the traditional Dutch method before returning to Amsterdam. Choose the 7-hour extended tour option for more time at each stop. This extended tour offers additional visits to the Volendam Museum and the Old Dutch Bakery in Volendam.
To make this experience even more special, you will also get a free 1-hour canal cruise to use at anytime during your stay in Amsterdam.
- 1-hour canal cruise in Amsterdam
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Entrance fees
- Volendam to Marken cruise
- Audio guide available in 16 languages (if shorter option selected)
- English, Spanish, and German-speaking guide (if extended option selected)
- Visit to the Volendam Museum and the Old Dutch Bakery (if extended option selected)
Prepare for the activity
De Ruijterkade 34A, at the local partner's office in the IJ hall of Central Station. In the back corner of the building, on the right hand side. Please be sure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶