Staphorst Paint Stamping Workshop
- Learn the techniques of Staphorst paint stamping
- Decorate your own bag with this UNESCO listed craft
- Join the workshop in the Old Dutch kitchen of the museum and experience real traditional Dutch culture
- Learn all about the history of this Staphorst craft
During the workshop, you'll learn the history and basic techniques of so-called Staphorst Stipwerk. It's done with a special textile paint and handmade stamps as shown in the pictures. You can decorate a cotton bag with your own design and take this home when you're finished.
Famous fashion designers like John Galliano (Margiela) and Walter van der Beierendonk, have used these handmade painted fabrics for their collections. This was presented on the Paris catwalk in 2016 and 2017.
- Materials: paint and black tote bag
- Coffee or tea and a pastry
- Entrance to the museum
Prepare for the activity
• The workshop is in Dutch and English