Amsterdam Old City Private Walking Tour
- Explore the history of Amsterdam on a stroll through the medieval center
- Discover hidden churches, the Old Church, and Oude Manshuispoort
- Stroll through the infamous Red Light District
- Wander Amsterdam's old Jewish District
- Visit the Begijnhof women's homes
- Go to Chinatown and the Nieuwmarkt
Learn how Amsterdam was built on a reclaimed swamp, when the land was buried in mud and the harbor was almost inaccessible. Connection with the North Sea was not realised until the 19th century, but Amsterdam had already became one of the most important cities in the world.
As you stroll, you will learn about its position as a major science and cultural center, and discover how in 1650 its population of 220,000 inhabitants made it the 3rd largest city in Europe.
Your guide will explain key aspects of Amsterdam’s story, passing sights such as the 17th-century Oostindisch Huis, the Amsterdam headquarters of the East India Company. Discover old pawn shops and handsome merchant houses in the Jordaan district. Walk the banks of the Herengracht, one of the first 3 major canals of the city, and more.
- 2-hour walking tour, adapted to your wishes
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags