Windmills, Edam, Volendam & Marken Private Spanish Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel in the center of Amsterdam.
- See the 16th and 17th-century houses and preserved windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Learn how the Dutch created their polders from the sea
- Stroll among the colorful houses of Volendam to experience a traditional Dutch fishing village
- Stop at a farm to sample authentic Edam and Gouda cheeses
- Watch a clog demonstration to see how traditional Dutch shoes are made
- Enjoy a boat tour between Volendam and Marken
Appreciate the landscape and visit the museum outdoor at Zaanse Schans, which recreates an industrial town full of the windmills for which the Dutch are so famous. Explore inside the mill and get a whiff of all the spices used here. Learn about the many modes of operation and production in these mills. Then, travel to the village of Marken through a lone, winding road that was built in 1957. This historic place remains well-preserved to this day.
Visit a farm in the area and appreciate the high quality craftsmanship used to produce Gouda cheese. Your tour includes an extensive tasting. Volendam, the former fishing village, is the last stop on the tour. Lose yourself amidst the striking wooden houses and a maze of narrow streets and canals. Enjoy some free time to stroll the streets and explore the shops. If you get hungry, nibble your way through the harbor's many food stalls and restaurants, sampling the local fish as you go.
- Transportation in a private vehicle
- Native Spanish-speaking guide
- Cheese tasting
- Meals and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• This tour can be conducted in English upon request. Please contact the local partner via email after booking your tour.