Eastern Docklands Self-Guided City Discovery Game
- Access a deeper understanding of the city right at your fingertips
- Learn about the history, culture, and people of the city in a fun way by solving riddles
- Get to known a seldom explored part of Amsterdam and escape the tourist crowds
Get off the beaten path and head to Amsterdam’s east side to soak in the beauty of modern city development and architecture. There's no need to worry about showing up for the tour on time – start whenever is most convenient for you with your phone as your guide. Move from spot to spot by solving a series of 10 riddles made up of (cryptic) directions and a question. Try as many answers as you need or, if you get stuck, ask for a hint or skip the riddle.
Learn about the history of this former harbor area and the architectural projects that have revitalized it as you go. Hop between Javaeiland, Borneoeiland, and Cruquiuseiland, taking in unconventional and authentic views of warehouses turned into modern apartments and offices, and listening to stories and fragments of the city's history that usually go untold. Besides this, get tips for local spots to visit in the area.
- A link to the web app game (received via email)
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged Smartphone