Explore Amsterdam's compelling Eastern Docklands area with an expert guide. This 2 to 3-hour private tour examines the former harbor's innovative urban development through 5 fascinating districts: Java, KNSM, Borneo, Sporenburg, and Riet Landen.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Dutch, German
- Wheelchair accessible
- Explore the Eastern Docklands' superb modern architecture integrated into an historic setting
- Learn about the cutting-edge concepts in waterfront development
- Compare the twin islands of Java and KNSM
- Discover Riet Landen's incredible juxtaposition of park, residential area, and traffic junction
- 2 or 3 hour walk, adapted to your needs
- Food and drinks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
In front of 'Pakhuis De Zwijger', next to Jan Schaeferbrug.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- All guides have an academic background, having studied, among other things, architecture, sociology, and art history. Focusing on Amsterdam's history of urban development, two have recently published a book on the subject, Ontdek het Oostelijk Havengebied, currently being translated into English, and the others also work as architecture and heritage journalists.