Amsterdam, Eastern Docklands Architecture: Private Tour
- Explore the Eastern Docklands' superb modern architecture integrated into an historic setting
- Learn about the cutting-edge concepts in waterfront development
- Compare the twin islands of Java and KNSM
- Discover Riet Landen's incredible juxtaposition of park, residential area, and traffic junction
Visiting the twin islands of Java and KNSM will bring to the fore 2 sites united by a single concept – inspired by the city's rich history – yet the startling differences between both outcomes is impossible to miss.
Discover how Borneo and Sporenburg succeeded in providing low-rise single-family houses within the same density (100 apartments per acre) usually marked by multi-storey building complexes. Then see how Riet Landen so brilliantly entwined the traffic junction at its heart with the remarkable park that envelops it.
- 2 or 3 hour walk, adapted to your needs
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags