Marken, Volendam and Edam: Private Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedIf your hotel is situated in Amsterdam, your guide will pick you up at your hotel. Please provide details at time of booking.
- Explore the beautiful Dutch countryside by public bus and boat on this full-day tour
- Cross the lake Ijsselmeer from Marken to Volendam by boat
- Go souvenir shopping in Volendam
Meet your local guide at your hotel in Amsterdam and enjoy a scenic 45-minute ride to the island of Marken. Stroll through the picturesque streets of Marken and enjoy stunning views over the Markermeer, then have visit a local mini museum to discover how the people of Marken used to live.
Continue your tour with a lovely 30-minute boat ride across the lake towards Volendam, where you will embark on a short walking tour of the famous fisherman village. Explore its labyrinth, see its unique former fish auction building, and then make your way to a local cheese shop to sample some local cheese.
After some free time to explore Volendam, set off for the next stop on the tour: the charming medieval village of Edam. Visit Edam's former town hall, the floating cellar, as well as the oldest wooden house in town before you catch a local bus back to Amsterdam bid farewell to beautiful Dutch countryside.
- Private tour in your chosen language
- Experienced, knowledgeable and friendly guide
- 30-minute boat trip (mid March-mid November)
- Transportation with local bus
- Cheese tasting in Volendam
- All local taxes
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• In the winter months, the order of the tour will be: Edam, Volendam, & Marken due to the Marken Express (boat trip).
• This tour can only be operated in groups of maximum 20 persons. If your group is larger, we will split your group into smaller groups and depart with a 15-minute interval.
• For transport we use local buses., which are efficient and regular.
• If you wish to stay a bit longer in one place, there is no need to rush as we will just catch the next bus.
• Your guide will take care of all tickets and schedules.