Volendam, Edam, & Windmill Tour with 5D Flight Simulation
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam and feel the fishing village atmosphere
- Fly over the World Heritage sites of Holland on the Ultimate Flight Experience
- See the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Learn how Dutch cheese is being made on a farm
- Watch traditional craftsmen making clogs and other artifacts
You can watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. There will be some free time to explore the village and a visit a windmill on your own, before traveling through the typical Polder-landscapes (reclaimed land from the water).
From there you will continue to visit the beautiful village of to Edam, also commonly referred to as the pearl of the former Zuiderzee. Edam’s ancient streets and tranquil canals are lined by beautiful 17th-century buildings, including the leaning Carillon Tower, the Big Church, and former town hall. Most famous in Edam beyond any doubt is the public weighing house, where every year in July and August every Wednesday morning, the famous Edam Cheese Market is held. After a stroll around this historic village, you will have the opportunity to see how Edam’s world-famous cheese is made. And, of course, to taste some cheese in a nearby cheese farm.
Finally, you will stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbor has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over the world to see the small houses and learn about the locals with their traditions and traditional Dutch costumes. Your guide will take you on a short walk through the oldest parts of the village, exploring a labyrinth of twists and turns to sites such as St. Vincent’s Church, the wooden Stolphoevekerk and the Visafslag (fish auction).
Back in Amsterdam, your guide will give you your ticket for the ultimate 5D Flight Experience; This is Holland. During this 1-hour experience you’ll learn the history of how Holland was created. The ride gives you a 5D experience of the must-see locations in Holland, as you fly over the sights you visited earlier in the day. Moving with the images, you’ll imagine yourself floating above Holland for a period of 9 minutes. Special effects like wind, mist, and scent complete this unique experience.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- This is Holland" experience
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
THIS IS HOLLAND – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get here: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ. Journey time is three minutes). Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s two minutes’ walk to THIS IS HOLLAND. Please note that from November 4, 2019 until May 10, 2020, the tour departs from this meeting point at the later time of 10:30 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Tour includes 2 walking tours. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour.
• Tour may be operated by multilingual guide
• Infants must sit on laps during the bus tour
• Please note that the return location of this tour is the Amsterdam Lookout, opposite central station
• Each visitor to This is Holland must be at least 4 years old and 102 centimeters
• Pregnant women are not allowed to enter the Flight Experience
• Please note that the order of visiting the villages may differ from the description
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions