Amsterdam: Off-the-Beaten-Track Neighborhoods Private Tour
Pickup includedYou will be met at any location in the center of the city. The host will reach out to you beforehand to confirm your requested location. If you are staying in the center of Amsterdam, the host will meet you at your hotel.
- Get a private tour of Amsterdam's highlights and hidden gems
- Choose the length of your experience: 3, 4, 6 or 8 hours
- Explore Amsterdam North, East and/or West
- Stroll along the idyllic Noordhollandsch Canal
- See landmarks like the National Monument and Dam Square
Explore Amsterdam-Noord, a lively area known for its vast green parks, charming villages, and contemporary art scene. See the contemporary Eye Film Museum, a collection of Dutch and foreign movies and film posters, and snap pictures of the NDSM Werf — a shipping yard turned cool, urban skate park. Take a peaceful stroll along the idyllic Noordhollandsch Canal, and maybe stop for a beer at the storybook-esque d’Admiraal Windmill, a smock windmill next to the canal that was built in 1792.
Make your way to Amsterdam-West and the medieval city center, exploring two of the city’s markets: local favorite Ten Katemarkt, tucked away in a residential neighborhood, and De Hallen, an indoor street food mecca housed in a converted industrial building. Get a taste of the city's history at the National Monument, and see iconic landmarks like the 400-year-old Westerkerk and Dam Square as you make your way to the ultra-trendy Jordaan district and De 9 Straatjes — Jordaan’s adjacent micro-neighborhood that connects the city’s main waterways, packed with cool boutiques and niche outlets.
Walk the bar-, bistro-, and cafe-lined streets of bohemian De Pijp, an eclectic hub of diverse cultures, flavors, and sights along the peaceful Amsterdam canals. Finally, explore the heart of Amsterdam-East along the quaint, cobbled Javastraat, where Amsterdam's cool kids move between Turkish bakeries and trendy bars. See two of them, Bar Basquiat and Bar Bukowski, for yourself before browsing local goods and stocking up on Dutch snacks at the famous Dappermarkt, one of the busiest markets in Amsterdam.
Your personalized itinerary will be planned according to the number of hours booked and adapted to your preferences. Once you've booked, someone from the local partner's team will be in touch, so just let them know if you have any special requirements.
- Private and personalized 3, 4, 6 or 8-hour tour of Amsterdam's neighborhoods (depending on option selected)
- Local host
- Walking experience
- Tips and recommendations for the rest of your stay in Amsterdam
- Food and drinks
- Any entry tickets to attractions
- Optional gratuities
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
- Public and private transportation during the tour