Amsterdam: Keukenhof, Zaanse Schans, and Canal Cruise
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Keukenhof gardens and discover a beautiful range of flowers
- See the windmills and factories of Zaanse Schans
- Take a 100 Highlights canal cruise in Amsterdam to complete your Dutch cultural experience
Next, travel to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. Explore an open-air museum that houses a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns, and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th century. In its golden age, the Zaan region developed into an industrial area on a scale never seen before with 600 active windmills and wooden factories powered by wind. Learn about the prosperity of the 18th and 19th century which can be seen in the Zaanse Schans windmill village in several ways. Alongside windmills, barns and other buildings, see beautiful houses that were originally built as homes for rich windmill owners and merchants. These houses have attractive facades and have been painted in traditional colors such as green, beige and light blue.
Upon arrival in the village, your guide will take you on an orientation tour of the village. Visit the clog museum, the wooden shoemaker shop, and the cheese farm where you can taste Dutch farm cheese. Then take some time to explore the village on your own.
Back in Amsterdam, your guide will give you your voucher for the 100 Highlights Cruise, a beautiful cruise through the canals of Amsterdam. Take this cruise on the same day as the tour, or choose to take it on a different day according to your preference.
- English, German and Spanish-speaking live guide
- Admission to Keukenhof Flower Show
- Admission to Zaanse Schans
- Admission to the 100 Highlights Cruise
- Transportation to the departure point
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• You can catch the 5-minute free ferry Buiksloterweg behind the station to get to the meeting point
• This tour is not available on April 27 (King's Day)