Amsterdam 3-Hour Private Walking Tour
Pickup includedStart is possible at any location in the city centre. Just provide your preferred starting point.
- Explore the Old City of Amsterdam with a private guide
- Stroll down some of Amsterdam's oldest streets and see where the city began at the Dam
- Discover how swampland was drained to form the concentric arcs of canals that make up the Canal Belt
- Walk past Anne Frank House, the Royal Palace, and the Nieuwe Kerk
- Go inside the enchanting historic courtyard of the Begijnhof, home to some of the city's most sought after private dwellings
- Wander through the infamous Red Light District
- Discover an original city gate from the Middle Ages
Stroll around the world famous 17th-century Canal Belt, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010, and formed by draining swampland to create a canal network of concentric arcs. Pass Dam Square, home to the Royal Palace and 15th-century Nieuwe Kerk where many Dutch naval heroes are buried.
Discover one of the oldest inner courtyards in the city of Amsterdam at the Begijnhof, where the historic buildings are home to the English Reformed Church and much sought after private dwellings.
Walk through the infamous Red Light District, and down some of the oldest streets near the harbor. Your guide will tell fascinating stories of the sites that you pass, including the Western Church, Anne Frank House, Dutch East Indies HQ, and Nieuwmarkt (New Market), dominated by the Waag, an original city gate from the Middle Ages.
- Pickup and drop-off to and from your centrally located Amsterdam hotel
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Prepare for the activity
• It’s recommended to start this tour at either 9:30 am in the morning or 1 pm in the afternoon.
• From 2020 onwards, there is a local tax of 1.50€ per person.
• From 2020 onwards, there is a maximum of 15 guests per tour.