Amman: Private Tour to Jerash, Ajloun and Umm Qais
- Discover ancient civilizations from the Roman Empire and beyond on this private day tour
- Wander around the sites and learn about their rich history
- Admire the stunning landscapes of Jordan
As you explore the Roman Decapolis City of Jerash, listen to your local guide share fascinating stories about the history of the site. This ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered in sand for centuries until its remains were discovered in 1806. Wander through the ancient city gate and walk among the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales of what life here was like for the inhabitants.
After you have explored Jerash, continue onto the 12th-century Castle of Ajloun, built in the time of Saladin to defend against Crusader armies. Head inside this semi-intact hilltop fortress, and roam the rambling corridors and staircases. See the murder holes through which occupiers would pour hot oil on invaders, and admire the stunning views over the lush hills of the Jordan Valley from the towers.
Finally, venture northward through Jordan’s green landscapes to the village of Umm Qais, overlooking the ruins of another Roman Decapolis city known as “Gadara”. Soak up the views from here over the Sea of Galilee and Golan Heights to explore the Greco-Roman ruins, including the amphitheater, crumbled mausoleum, basilica terrace, as well as other theaters and treasures. Then, visit the town’s museum to admire some precious artifacts recovered from the site, including mosaics and marble statues. Then, head back to your vehicle and relax on your long ride back to Amman where your trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transfer by air-conditioned vehicle according number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Entrance fees to Jerash Roman Ruins, Ajloun Castle, and Umm Qais with its museum
- Local English-speaking guide for the classic visit of Jerash and Umm Qais
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (tips to the driver)
- Personal expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
Prepare for the activity
• For clients holding a Jordan Pass, the corresponding entrance fees to be returned directly in destination
• Pickup and drop off from Amman Queen Alia International Airport available by request for lay over day tour
• Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company)
• Tours with lunch: most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic