Boat trip from Faro to Ilha Deserta by Ferry
- Relax on the remote beaches of Ilha Deserta
- Cruise through the channels of Ria Formosa Natural Park by catamaran
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at an eco-friendly restaurant on Ilha Deserta
Then, dock at Ilha Deserta (also known as Barreta Island and Santa Maria Cape Island). Only accessible by boat, the island remains unspoiled and it’s hard to believe such a natural jewel still exists in Europe. Go to a unique beach at the southernmost point of Portugal and sample the traditional flavors of the Algarve at the environmentally-friendly Estaminé Restaurant.
Opt to stay on the island for a few hours or the entire day, and return to Faro whenever you want. Avail of a number of return crossings for your convenience.
- Round-trip boat tickets
- Visit to Ilha Deserta, with free time to relax, explore and stroll the 2-kilometer boardwalk
- Food and drinks
- Beach deck chair and awning
Prepare for the activity
Board the catamaran at the Porta Nova pier on Rua Comandante Francisco Manuel, near the sea gate in Faro Old Town. Directions: Follow the waterfront around the corner from Faro Marina (close to Hotel Eva and Hotel Faro). The pier is less than 5 minutes on foot from the marina.Open in Google Maps ⟶