Half-Day Golden Gate Catamaran Cruise & Alcatraz Visit
- Visit Alcatraz Island and explore the notorious prison
- Cruise past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge as you look for sea lions
- Admire the striking skyline of San Francisco, always in sight during your cruise
Admire your surroundings from a protected viewing area, or live on the edge and stand on the canvas trampoline nets with the waves beneath your feet. Pick up a helpful navigation guide providing information about San Francisco's landmarks that you sail past.
Complete the trip by taking the helm from the captain for a chance to steer the boat yourself. The captain and crew are always there, happy to snap a photo or answer your questions about the sights of San Francisco.
If all this excitement makes you hungry or thirsty, there are snacks, soda, beer and wine available at the snack bar. See San Francisco's skyline like never before on this incredible sailing adventure.
The second part of your half-day combination package is a ferry ride and a stop to visit the notorious Alcatraz Prison, which served as a federal penitentiary from 1934 to 1963, housing criminals such as Al Capone and Robert Stroud, the Birdman.
Take the award-winning 45-minute cell-house audio tour, and hear the tales of those who lived there. This tour brings history to life through the recounting of stories from correctional officers and prisoners.
Please note that the catamaran cruise does not stop at Alcatraz Island. You will receive a separate ticket for the ferry from San Francisco's Pier 33 to Alcatraz Island. You will receive a final confirmation with the exact time of your departure for Alcatraz 4 days prior to your trip by e-mail.
From March 1, 2020–May 24, 2020, and September 4, 2020–November 30, 2020, the Alcatraz ticket will be between 8:45 AM–9:30 AM with a 1:30 PM Bay Sail. From May 25, 2020–September 3, 2020, the Alcatraz ticket will be between 2:10 PM–3:20 PM with an 11:30 AM Bay Sail.
- 90-minute catamaran cruise (does not stop at Alcatraz Island)
- Ferry ticket and admission to Alcatraz Island
- Refreshments (available for purchase on board)
Prepare for the activity
The Alcatraz Cruise departs from Pier 33 where your tickets will be at the will call/reserved tickets window. From March 1, 2020–May 24, 2020, and September 4, 2020–November 30, 2020, the Alcatraz ticket will be between 8:45 AM–9:30 AM (departing from Pier 33) with a 1:30 PM Bay Sail that departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions. From May 25, 2020–September 3, 2020, the Alcatraz ticket will be between 2:10 PM–3:20 PM (departing from Pier 33) with an 11:30 AM Bay Sail that departs from Pier 39, Gate J, next to the sea lions.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• You must provide the full name of all participants when booking in order to receive your Alcatraz tickets. In the case of incomplete information, you will not receive your tickets or receive a refund
• You will receive a final confirmation with the exact time of your departure for Alcatraz 4 days prior to your trip by e-mail
• Please wear soft-soled shoes
• No outside beverages are allowed on board
• This tour is non-refundable once booked