Akaroa Shore Excursion: Christchurch & Antarctic Centre
- Discover Akaroa, Akaroa Harbor, and Bank Peninsula
- Explore the International Antarctic Centre with admission and informative guided tour
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Christchurch
- Benefit from complimentary pick-up and drop off from your cruise ship
On arriving in Christchurch, wander through the stunningly beautiful botanical gardens before joining a sightseeing tour with an expert local guide. Visit some of the city's most important historical sites and landmarks. In the heart of the city center, see for yourself the destruction wreaked by an earthquake and learn about the recovery and rebuilding efforts that are being made.
After exploring the city, head to the International Antarctic Center in Christchurch for a fully guided tour. Wander through a recreation of an Antarctic landscape, including a snow and ice experience, take an exhilarating Hagglund ride or meet the center's gang of penguins! The birds held at the center have been rescued and cared for, some since they were chicks, and due to physical disabilities many would not survive alone in the wild.
Following an exciting day exploring Christchurch, sit back and relax as you're driven back to Akaroa in plenty of time to reboard your cruise ship.
- Full commentary
- Experienced guide
- Christchurch city sightseeing tour
- Admission and guided tour of the International Antarctic Center
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Address: 83 Beach Rd, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand. Please walk to the end of the Akaroa Wharf and on the right wait by the historic cannon. Your tour representative on the day will have a name board with your surname on it. Please be there at 10:20 AM ready for a 10:30 AM departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• All tours are designed to meet the cruise ship's arrival and departure times, but if you are not returned to your ship prior to its departure, the local operator guarantees to get you to the next port of call