Akaroa Shore Excursion: Christchurch and Sheep Farm
- Travel through the rolling hills and scenery of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula, with commentary from an expert guide
- Explore the Botanical Gardens in Christchurch city
- Discover Christchurch city centre, learning about the earthquake damage, rebuild efforts and notable existing landmarks
- Visit a working sheep farm set in a tranquil location
- Benefit from complimentary pick-up and drop off from your cruise ship
Upon arrival in Christchurch, enjoy a quick stop at the Christchurch Botanical Gardens. Begin your guided tour which focuses on city landmarks and the city centre which was badly damaged by two earthquakes in 2010 and 2011. Learn about the destruction of the city centre and the rebuild that is taking place.
After the tour of the city, journey back through the rolling hills of the Banks Peninsula to visit a working sheep farm. Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs at work, rounding up the flock and guiding them towards their pens for guests to pet, examine and photograph. Watch a sheep shearing demonstration and enjoy afternoon tea before taking a relaxing journey back to Arakoa to reboard your ship.
- Driver and guide
- Live commentary on board
- Christchurch city guided tour
- Sheep farm admission
- Afternoon tea
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Additional food and drink
Prepare for the activity
Akaroa Wharf, 8 State Highway 3, Westmere, New Zealand. At the end of the Wharf, there is a park to your right with a Canon statue placed close to the entrance. A representative will meet you there. Please try to arrive at least 15 minutes before your tour departs.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
• Departs Akaroa at 10:30 AM and returns to Akaroa by 4:30 PM to ensure you arrive at the cruise ship before departure
• A small amount of walking is involved - comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• New Zealand weather can be very changeable - please bring warm clothing that you can leave in the tour vehicle if not required
• Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark