Akaroa Harbor 2.5-Hour Sailing Cruise
- Enjoy a hands-on and eco-friendly sailing experience
- Feel welcomed aboard as a special guest of Captain Ray
- Glide through the harbor with the wind in your sails
- Marvel at the harbor’s unique scenery and look out for local wildlife
Make your way to the end of Akaroa Wharf to meet Captain Ray. Feel welcomed aboard as if you are a special guest as you step onto the 1946 classic ocean sailing yacht, SV Manutara. With your fellow travellers, listen to a safety briefing. Tack across the harbor with the wind in your sails. Take the wheel to steer the yacht or sit back, relax, and soak in the views.
Learn about Akaroa from your highly experienced Captain with a kiwi sense of humor. If you’re lucky, you might encounter some of New Zealand’s most treasured wildlife like Hector dolphins, penguins, or seabirds. The silence of a sailing yacht means you’re likely to be surprised to hear penguins calling to each other and dolphins breathing before you see them.
- 2.5-hour sailing cruise
- Captain’s commentary
- Use of sunscreen and quality binoculars
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Main Wharf, Akaroa, New Zealand. Walk past the blue buildings towards the end of the wharf. You'll see the classic yacht Manutara alongside and Captain Ray will be there to greet you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that wildlife viewing cannot be guaranteed