Akaroa Shore Excursion: Christchurch & Banks Peninsula
- Explore Akaroa, Akaroa Harbor, and the Banks Peninsula
- Discover Christchurch City, Botantical Gardens, Hill Suburbs and Harbor on a guided tour
- Benefit from complimentary pick-up and drop off from your cruise ship
On arriving in Christchurch, wander through the stunningly beautiful botanical gardens before joining a sightseeing tour with an expert local guide. Visit some of the city's most important historical sites and landmarks. In the heart of the city center, learn about the terrible earthquake damage and the recovery efforts that were made.
Heading down to the coastline, take a stroll through beach suburbs to Lyttelton and the Sign of Takahe, where you can enjoy a wonderful overview of Christchurch - and some fantastic photo opportunities. After an exciting day exploring Chirstchurch, sit back and relax as you are driven back to Akaroa in plenty of time to join your cruise ship.
- Guided tour
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Please walk to the end of the Akaroa Wharf - on the right please wait by the historic Cannon. Your tour representative on the day will have a name board with the clients surname on it. Be ready by 10:20 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Departs Akaroa at 10:30 AM and leaves Christchurch at 3:00 PM, returning Akaroa by 4:30 PM to ensure you arrive at the cruise ship before departure
• New Zealand weather can be very changeable throughout the year - bring warm clothing that you can leave in the tour vehicle if not required