Provence: Mushroom Hunting with Outdoor Breakfast
- Learn how to recognize mushrooms
- Discover the quiet, unspoiled forests and enjoy the atmosphere of Provence
- Enjoy an outdoor breakfast with bread, sausage, paté, tapenade, mushrooms and red wine (juice for the kids)
- Be led by an English speaking guide
You will hunt for about 10 different varieties, including: cepes, chanterelle, golden chanterelle, hedgehog mushroom, blue stalk mushroom, Tricholoma myomyces, Saffron milk cap, white saddle, elfin saddle, and black trumpet. You'll discover the quiet, unspoiled forests of the area and enjoy the bucolic and relaxed atmosphere of Provence. You will need to be equipped with sturdy, comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy.
The arrival at the hunting grounds will be followed by a brief tutorial on the different mushrooms we'll be searching for. An outdoor breakfast, including bread, sausage, paté, tapenade, mushrooms and red wine (juice for the kids), will be served. The search for mushrooms will end with a last glass of wine to toast new friendships.
- Mushroom hunt
- Knives, baskets, breakfast or aperitif including bread, sausage, paté, tapenade, mushrooms and red wine (juice for the kids)
Prepare for the activity
• Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and sturdy walking shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.
• This is a fair-weather activity. The operator will confirm with you via e-mail the day before, after checking the weather forecast.
• Cancellation with at least 24 hours notice.