This engaging castle tour enables you to skip the line into Scotland's most iconic fortification. The 90-minute tour in English will cover the 3,000-year history of Edinburgh Castle and the significant role it has played in shaping Scotland.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
What customers loved
"John’s style of commentary and the fact that he is Scottish and immensely proud of his country and it’s people and history"
"The knowledge sharing by our guide"
"Beautiful castle and the view on a sunny day"
Select participants and date
Outside Caffè Nero on the Royal Mile beside the statue of Adam Smith, 192 High Street, EH1 1RF. Look for the green and white umbrellas. This tour does not depart from the castle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Oversize luggage
Know before you go
- Bags with a volume larger than 30L are not allowed into Edinburgh Castle and there is no locker space for luggage
- "Scotland has two seasons, June and winter!" - Billy Connolly. This tour takes place outside so please dress appropriately for the glorious Scottish climate
- Please note that children aged 15 and under will not be able to join the tour unless accompanied by a responsible adult