Go under the streets of Edinburgh's Royal Mile to hear terrifying ghost stories on a 75-minute tour of the Auld Reekie. See the infamous stone circle vault, and a horrifying torture exhibition. Wander the wynds and closes off the Royal Mile above ground.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 75 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Explore above and below Edinburgh's Royal Mile
- Go to the underground vaults of Auld Reekie to hear horrifying ghost stories
- Learn how instruments of torture were used
- Discover the living conditions of the wynds and closes in days gone by
- Visit a Torture Exhibition
- Visit the hidden vaults below Edinburgh’s South Bridge
- Children under 18 years
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Edinburgh Welcome and Edinburgh Dungeons ticket booth. Please arrive 5 minutes before tour start time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that these vaults can cause genuine stress. They are dark and claustrophobic, even before the stories start.
- The tour is for over 18s only. Under 18s may be refused entry
- Entrance to the vaults is by a 2-foot-tall step. May not be suitable for those with limited mobility.