Explore the amazing one-and-only Vinicunca, better known as Rainbow Mountain, on a cultural day tour from Cusco. Drive out of the city and walk through stunning hills, villages, and local wildlife.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 14 hours - 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup optional
- The pick-up will be at your Accommodation
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Pick-up is available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number). Our guide or transfer can take 10-15 minutes to find your place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- We recommend you to spend at least 3 days in cusco to acclimate. You will hike over 4300m (14,100ft) and is about 16 kilometers in length (9.9419 miles) in total length, with an elevation gain of 715m (2,260ft). This hike is difficult because of altitude.
- You must be reasonably fit for this activity, however; horses can be rented for part of the trip. Please note: the local operator does not offer this service, it must be arranged privately. Horses will take you to 200 meters from the top, then you will finish the climb. Price: 70 to 90 Soles, round-trip, cash only
- A walking stick will be provided
- The walk takes about 3 hours
- Road mostly flat, except the ascent to the top, where it is very steep
- Bring extra food and water. Breakfast and lunch are included but are basic due to the remoteness
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain is not included and should be purchased on-site at 30 PEN for tourists and 20 PEN for Peruvians