Take a 2-day Rainbow Mountain hike through spectacular landscapes near Ausangate mountain with this trip from Cusco. Camp overnight and have the chance to see wild llamas and alpacas.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from hotels in downtown Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (please provide an address and phone number), in this case, pickup will be provided at a meeting point close by. The driver may take 10-15 minutes to find your place.
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
- Travel insurance
- Trekking gear
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Sunglasses are mandatory throughout the hike
- Red valley is only available at the lookout point
- The local partner is not responsible for changes in weather
- Horseback is available to hire through local horsemen
- Horses are not the property of the partner
- If you choose to hire a horse, the horsemen do not speak English nor do they always stick with the group of hikers, as the horses walk faster than hikers
- Should you choose to hire a horse, you assume all liability and ride at your own risk
- On day one a distance of 14 kilometers or 8.7 miles is walked in 5-6 hours and an elevation of 4320-5000 meters is reached
- On day two a distance of 17 kilometers and 10.7 miles is walked in 6-7 hours and an elevations of 4200-5000 meters is reached