Enjoy a challenging trek through one of the longest and most famous gorges in Europe. On this excursion from Heraklion you’ll marvel at natural wonders throughout the day, from the White Mountains, to thousand-year-old forests, and much more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Pickup included
- Pickup for this option is only from the areas of Ligaria, Agia Pelagia, and Fodele Beach. Pickup begins earlier than the stated starting time and is from your hotel or the closest point accessible by a vehicle. You'll receive specific pickup information in a separate email from the local partner (please check your spam folder).
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- At the time of booking please mention your hotel name and location (you will be notified by email about the pickup point and time)
- Pickup begins up to 90 minutes before tour starts and is done from central meeting points near the hotels (in the areas of Malia, Stalis, Hersonisos, Anissaras, Analypsi, Gouves, Gournes, Heraklio, Ammoudara, Agia, Pelagia/Lygaria, and Fodele)
- The 5 to 6-hour trek is challenging, you must have good trekking shoes or at least a sturdy pair of trainers
- This trek is not recommended for children under the age of 6, pregnant women, or anyone with health problems
- Infants will be seated with their parents on the bus and will not have their own seat