Explore Rome's Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on a guided tour with skip-the-line tickets. Enter St. Peter's Basilica and climb to the top of St. Peter's Dome for unobstructed views of the city.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
Select participants and date
There are two meeting points: the Tiare fountain and the Sebastiano Veniero 19; please read below about when to arrive at each meeting spot. • Meet at 7:45 AM for a prompt 8:00 AM departure by the Tiare fountain (Fontana delle Tiare), just beneath Largo del Colonnato and in front of the pillars which run around Saint Peter's Square. Your guide will be holding a When in Rome Tours signboard. If you are facing St. Peter's Basilica, follow the pillars to the right until you come to the fountain. • At 11:15 Meet at Via Sebastiano Veniero 19. Across the street from the Vatican Museum entrance, you will see a broad staircase. At the bottom of the stairs, turn right. Walk a few steps forward to find Number 19, where a When In Rome Tours/ Italia Tours representative will be waiting for you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- There is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men
- There is an obligatory security check at St. Peter's Basilica, this cannot be avoided. Our tour is timed to enter the Basilica before the crowds, but some time waiting to pass through security is inevitable.
- On the days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may be necessary due to partial closings of areas usually included in this tour. In the event the Papal Tombs underneath Saint Peter's Basilica should be closed, the tour of the Basilica itself is extended
- Due to the route covered and the means of transportation used, it is not possible to participate in this tour using a wheelchair, scooter, or other aid