2. San Francisco: Redwood & Wine Country Tour with Lunch & Wine
On this full-day tour you will spend 1-hour walking in the shadows of the world's tallest trees before learning about the history, craft, and science of winemaking in California’s lovely wine country.
The art of wine tasting is very much on the agenda as you explore the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. Winemaking began here in California's wine country more than 100 years ago. Visit a vineyard, included as part of the day’s excursion, and enjoy a guided tour through a boutique winery, dependent on availability.
Afterwards, visit Napa Valley for even more tastings. The 3 wineries you will visit on this trip represent a variety of grapes, specialties, winemaking styles, and size of operation, giving you a well-rounded wine country experience and lots of new favorite wines to add to your shopping list.
Your lunch will be a gourmet sit-down meal. Please specify your choice of one item per course during the booking process or the local partner reserves the right to choose on your behalf. All courses are paired with wine.
• Cheeseboard with fresh fruit
Second Course (choose one from below)
• Minestrone Soup (V) Navy beans, mixed vegetables, pasta, Italian seasoning)
• Caesar Salad (tossed with anchovy dressing and croutons)
Third Course (choose one from below)
• Mushroom Ravioli (with pork and beef bolognese sauce topped with grated parmesan)
• Chicken Parmesan (served on soft polenta and roasted vegetables topped with tomato sauce)
• Pork Piccata (pork loin scaloppini sauteed with white wine, capers and lemon butter served with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach)
• Fusilli Pasta (V) (arugula-almond pesto sauce, grated parmesan)
• Grilled Salmon (served over sauteed vegetables and drizzled with balsamic reduction)